2022 CCE Annual Update
- Course: 2022 CCE Annual Update
- Instructors: Philip M. Stahl, Ph.D., ABPP
- Approved for 8 hours of CE Credits
- Fulfills License Requirements
- High Resolution Video
There is considerable new information since 2021 for this required update. AFCC has newly revised Parenting Plan Evaluation Guidelines, there continues to be new and controversial literature and research regarding children who refuse-resist contact with one of their parents, virtual evaluations seem to be increasing, as well as ongoing interest in relocation evaluations and very high conflict families.
In this virtual training, Dr. Phil Stahl, who has recently relocated to San Diego, will and has spoken internationally on these issues, will guide participants in understanding the following:
- Key changes in the AFCC Guidelines (including the name and what that means) – IF APA revises their guidelines before this training, this will be discussed as well
- A focus on virtual evaluation techniques and important modifications
- Using a video film from Australia (20 minutes), Dr. Stahl will lead a discussion about high conflict families and refuse-resist dynamics, including some of the controversial literature of same
- Revisiting relocation evaluations – an area where there is increased need
- Dr. Stahl will focus on The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly he’s seen over 30 years of critiquing child custody evaluations with his recommendations from a forensic mindset.
Goals and Objectives:
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Integrate the revised AFCC Guidelines into their practice
- Hone and improve their virtual evaluation skills
- Broaden their knowledge of refuse-resist with a focus on the child rather than just the alleged alienating parent
- Provide the court with balanced and thorough relocation evaluations
- Identify steps to improve evaluations based on real-world data
- Recognize that “less” is “not more” in the forensic world
CE Approval Information
The Steve Frankel Group, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. This course is also approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for its licentiates' CE license renewal requirements.
Continuing Education course content is also approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs, because SFG is an approved provider by the APA. For non-California residents, most all states accept SFG’s accreditation for Master Level clinicians. If you are not certain about reciprocity, please check with your state's appropriate Licensing Board.
The course outlines or agendas for Child Custody training have been approved as corresponding to subject areas specified in California Rules of Court, rules 5.225 and 5.230, et. seq. The views expressed in these trainings are those of the trainers and do not necessarily represent the official positions or policies of the Judicial Council of California.
SFG is an approved EMDRIA International CE Credit Provider, #15002 and maintains responsibility for its EMDR courses’ programs and contents in accordance with EMDRIA Standards.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Established 2006 by A. Steven Frankel, Ph.D., ABPP (Clinical and Forensic)