2022 IPV Annual Update
- Course: 2022 IPV Annual Update
- Instructors: Lori A. Love, Ph.D.
- Approved for 4 hours of CE Credits
- Fulfills License Requirements
- High Resolution Video
Goals and Objectives:
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of knowing the local rules in the venue in which you are working
- Interpret Family Code 6320 and its emphasis on coercive control
- Discuss the impact of the Covid pandemic on domestic violence
- Apply the impact of exposure to domestic violence on children to their work
- Summarize how, as a mental health professional, one can assist the court in protecting children
- Explain the importance of utilizing the Family System’s Model in reunification/conjoint therapy in cases where domestic violence has occurred
CE Approval Information
The Steve Frankel Group, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. This course is also approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for its licentiates' CE license renewal requirements.
Continuing Education course content is also approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs, because SFG is an approved provider by the APA. For non-California residents, most all states accept SFG’s accreditation for Master Level clinicians. If you are not certain about reciprocity, please check with your state's appropriate Licensing Board.
The course outlines or agendas for Child Custody training have been approved as corresponding to subject areas specified in California Rules of Court, rules 5.225 and 5.230, et. seq. The views expressed in these trainings are those of the trainers and do not necessarily represent the official positions or policies of the Judicial Council of California.
SFG is an approved EMDRIA International CE Credit Provider, #15002 and maintains responsibility for its EMDR courses’ programs and contents in accordance with EMDRIA Standards.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Established 2006 by A. Steven Frankel, Ph.D., ABPP (Clinical and Forensic)