Couples Therapy with Interracial and African American Couples
- Course: Couples Therapy with Interracial and African American Couples
- Instructors: Anthony L. Chambers, Ph.D., ABPP
- Approved for 1.5 hours of CE Credits
- Fulfills License Requirements
- High Resolution Video
The majority of our knowledge about African American and interracial couples disproportionately comes from non-clinical social science fields such as sociology and demography. Unfortunately, the scholarly literature on how to work with African American and interracial couples is relatively scant. This presentation will focus on providing clinicians and scholars with a proposed set of issues to consider when conceptualizing and treating African American interracial couples.
Goals and Objectives:
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the sociological and contextual factors facing African American and interracial Couples.
- Translate sociological research findings into clinical practice.
CE Approval Information
The Steve Frankel Group, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. This course is also approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for its licentiates' CE license renewal requirements.
The Steve Frankel Group, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of CE credit for Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCs.