How to Become a Child Custody Evaluator
Course: How to Become a Child Custody Evaluator
Instructor: Christy Wise, Ph.D.
Approved for 2.5 Hours of CE Credit
Fulfills Requirements for Psycholgist, MFTs, LCSWs, and Licensed Professional Counselors.
This course is designed for Full and Part-Time Private Practitioners, and Full and Part-Time Agency Employees
High Resolution Online Streaming Video Format Available
In this introductory beginning level course, participants will gain knowledge of the best practices of Child Custody Evaluators and; an over view of the current requirements needed to ensure they follow California Rules of Court. Learners will be introduced to the required steps involved in child custody and evaluations, and will address topics, including relocation, allegations of intimate partner violence, child abuse, and alienation. Participants will learn how to address contacts with attorneys, litigants, and the court; how to develop a detailed statement of understanding; and how to conduct forensic interviews. Report writing, court testimony, and risk management procedures will be discussed. Additionally, this course will describe AFCC’s Model Standards for Child Custody Evaluators as well as the Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists. This course was designed to aid licensed mental health practitioners in expanding their knowledge in the specialty area of Forensic Psychology/Child Custody Evaluations and meets the standards for required training for child custody evaluators as promulgated by the Judicial Council of California.
Course Goal and Objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge of Child Custody State Statutes, Laws and Specific Guidelines: California Rules of Court, AFCC Model Standards for Child Custody Evaluation, and Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists.
- Demonstrate specialty training, skills and techniques needed to perform Child Custody Evaluations.
- Be able to identify and describe ethical considerations in child custody evaluations.
- Be able to apply the standards of practice in child custody evaluations.
- Be able to demonstrate an increased knowledge of the essentials in the Child Custody evaluations.
- Utilize your knowledge in the specialty area of Forensic Psychology/Child Custody Evaluations and meet the standards for required training for child custody evaluators.
Your access to the course material extends for 3-years from the date of purchase. This includes after passing the post-test, so you may continue to review its contents.