Thoughts for a Global Pandemic and other Crisis: What's a Trauma Therapist to do?
Instructor: Sandra Paulsen, Ph.D..
Approved for 1.5 Hours of CE Credit
Fulfills License and EMDR Requirements
High Resolution Video
The goal of this workshop is to help therapists conceptualize the changes needed in their practices and how to retool their thought processes and habits as trauma therapists, with emphasis on the current acute trauma. Though created during the COVID 19 pandemic, the principles have applications to other large-scale traumatic events.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify two instruments helpful in assessing the impact of the acute trauma on the client’s symptomatology.
- Name a PTSD screening tool and a PTSD diagnostic instrument.
- List six skill sets/devices useful to teach clients about in acute traumatic situations.
- List three domains of teletherapy to consider when retooling their practice for the pandemic.
- - ©2015 – 2022, Sandra Paulsen, Ph.D, ALL Rights Reserved, including, but not limited to all course and training intellectual property such as course content materials, including cartoons, charts and illustrations, dramatization videos, anonymized client-consented recordings, and all other writings as defined by Washington State Evidence Code, Rule 1001 (a)-(d), regardless of the manner in which the record was stored.
- By your registration, exposure to, or purchase of Sandra Paulsen’s reserved copyright claims, your continued use of the SFG website and/or its Zoom account following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.