Treatment of Attachment Trauma and the Dissociative Sequelae in Clients of All Ages: A Developmentally Grounded Approach to Case Conceptualization with EMDR Psychotherapy
Course: Treatment of Attachment Trauma and the Dissociative Sequelae in Clients of All Ages: A Developmentally Grounded Approach to Case Conceptualization with EMDR Psychotherapy
Instructors: Robbie Adler-Tapia, Ph.D.
Approved for 7.5 Hours of CE Credit
Fulfills License Requirements
High Resolution Online Streaming Video
Course Goal and Objectives
When earliest relationships are traumatic, attachment injuries can significantly change the trajectory of one’s life. Bonding and attachment are neurobiologically driven survival mechanisms; but when irreconcilable conflict exists within these innate mechanisms, individuals can experience extreme distress leading to mental health disorders and physical disease. Although these conditions may begin in infancy, they endure for a lifetime if untreated. It is so essential that attachment disruptions be addressed in both children and adults experiencing complex trauma reactions, including PTSD, and dissociation. EMDR therapy provides a comprehensive, integrative, and effective approach to the treatment of attachment and dissociation.
At the conclusion of this program:
- Describe Attachment Disorders and Attachment Trauma.
- Discuss the theoretical basis for conceptualizing EMDR therapy treatment of children, adolescents, and adults based on the neurobiological underpinnings of attachment, attachment trauma, and the dissociative sequalae.
- Explain treatment strategies stemming from the eight-phases of EMDR therapy for clients of all ages suffering from attachment disruptions.
- Explain the practical usage of a structural dissociation model to successfully repair attachment trauma and to improve symptom presentation.
- Apply creative treatment techniques for both improving developmental deficits and infusing emotional scaffolding for adaptive resolution of traumatic experiences through the use of EMDR therapy.
- Explain how to apply theories of attachment and EMDR therapy to clients in the child welfare system.
- Describe case conceptualization and the Implications for decision making for clients with attachment disorder diagnoses.
- Identify the DSM5 and ICD9/10 symptoms and diagnoses to clients with attachment trauma, PTSD, and dissociative disorders.
Your access to the course material extends for 3-years from the date of purchase. This includes after passing the post-test, so you may continue to review its contents.