S is for the Self-System Looking Through the Eyes: Using Ego State Therapy to Shift Loyalty from Aggressor to Self and more
Course: S is for the Self-System Looking Through the Eyes: Using Ego State Therapy to Shift Loyalty from Aggressor to Self and more
Instructor: Sandra Paulsen, Ph.D.
Approved for 3 Hours of CE Credit
Fulfills License and EMDR Requirements
High Resolution Video
In this classic ego state workshop (Watkins & Watkins; Watkins and Paulsen), updated with more sample scripts, the emphasis is on the critical ego state interventions that enable efficient Phase II Preparation and, later, Phase IV Desensitization to resolve traumatic sequelae. Loyalty to the aggressor can stop the legendary EMDR train from going down the tracks. The workshop will address how to work with perpetrator introjects, which are typically the locus of this blockage. Ego state methods apply to clients ranging from neurotic and conflicted to highly dissociative. The latter will be a focus of a portion of the workshop with a very elongated Phase II Preparation (ACTASIF, Paulsen, 2009). The methods learned here will be useful in both Phase II Preparation and in the later Phases III-VI, addressed in a later module. The modules also examine:
- conference room (Frasier’s dissociative table),
- headaches that emerge before, during or after a session,
- how to orient, and appreciate parts, and mediate internal conflicts, invite parts to do experiments, and more.
- hearing the story as it emerges in the enactments in the relationship field, and more
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use conference room to identify internal conflicts for mediation.
- Work with perpetrator introjects to reduce loyalty to the aggressor.
- Speak to parts to give voice to unconscious reenactments.